Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park welcomes media coverage to promote and amplify the reach of our events. As we begin the 2022 season, IRP has made numerous improvements to the Media Services department to enhance the experience of professional media covering races.
This includes a streamlined application and credentialing process, posted operating procedures for media and photographers, a Media Center attendant for larger events, and additional refined details that we hope will help you in your time spent at IRP.
Please browse the information listed below to find the IRP Media Policies, event credential application, photographer policies, and event bulletins.
IRP MEDIA POLICIES
- Media access is reserved for professional media outlets and their efforts to cover and increase exposure of events at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.
- Media are to park in the Main Lot by entering through the IRP Main Gate off US Highway 136/Crawfordsville Road, unless otherwise stated.
- Media are welcome to request a seat in the Media Center through their credential request. Please note that space in the Media Center is limited and approval is at the discretion of Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.
IRP MEDIA CREDENTIALS
- Credential requests must be submitted before the event start date. Credential requests on day-of-event will not be reviewed.
- If approved for media credentials, individuals will pick up their credential (and if applicable, pit pass) at Will Call located near Main Lot parking.
- Photographers will have “Photo” listed on their media credential to designate their access to shoot in restricted areas at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.
- Photographers must stay behind the perimeter of the light poles when shooting inside the IRP oval.
- Photographers may not shoot outside the corners of the IRP oval without written consent from Tanner Watkins.
- Photographers may only shoot at the IRP oval while using a neon-colored photographer vest – which will be provided as a rental with your media credentials. Vests must be returned to the Media Center at the conclusion of the event.
- Photographer bulletins and policy updates will be posted in the IRP oval Media Center.
- NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES: Credentialing for the Friday, July 29 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series/ARCA Menards Series doubleheader has closed. No additional media credential requests will be accepted at this time.
- CLEETUS & CARS INDIANAPOLIS: Media credentialing for this event will be conducted in a joint effort with Cleetus & Cars. Please e-mail Tanner Watkins at twatkins@NHRA.com to inquire.
- DODGE POWER BROKERS NHRA U.S. NATIONALS: Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park does not process media credential requests for this event. Please contact Allie Bland at abland@NHRA.com for credential requests for the U.S. Nationals.